We Know What Colleges Want!
Our expert team understands that a student's college application package is a definitive representation to potential colleges of who that student is and what that student can contribute.
From the high school record of achievement, to the applications, to the activities resume, to the essays, every element is critical.
Timing of Services
We often begin advising families early in students' high school careers regarding issues such as course selection, activities participation, summer programs, and test preparation.
Our work with each family on the formal college application process generally begins during the winter of junior year.
When a student comes to us early in high school, we can help that student make more informed choices in order to have the best possible college opportunities down the road. We identify and build upon a student’s strengths, while avoiding common pitfalls that can have a detrimental effect on college admissions chances.
Whenever a student comes to us—whether in the spring of 8th grade, the fall of senior year, or anytime between—we fully devote ourselves to each student’s success.
There are three primary elements to the Amy Simon College Consulting services:
- High School Course Selection
- High School Activities Planning
- Summer Program Identification
- Standardized Test Guidance
- College Search Consulting
2) Application Process
- Creating the Application Strategy
- Application Process Timeline Development
- Acquisition and Organization of Materials
- Recommendation Materials Preparation
- Submitting Transcripts
- Submitting Standardized Test Scores
- Assisting in Creating an Activities Resume
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviewing
- Support with Application Completion and Submission
3) Essay Writing/Revising
- Assisting in planning, writing, and revising essays and personal statements to create vibrant, original, error-free writing.
“Amy Simon College Consulting has been a true lifeline for our family. Our son responded so well to the advice and mentoring provided by Amy. Amy was constantly available to us and answered all of our questions quickly and calmly, and truly made us excited and optimistic about the often agonizing experience of applying to colleges. We couldn’t have asked for a more pleasant and professional situation. We will definitely be calling on Amy Simon College Consulting when our next child is ready to apply to colleges.”
- Highland Park High School Parent